Our health is so important to us.
Not only does health relate to feeling good each day, it also relates to risks.
If want to live long, and live in a way that maximizes our health,
we need to avoid risks.
With many birth control methods, studies have been done
that have proven certain risks exist.
Here is some information from those studies:
Day to Day Health:
Birth control chemicals (found in the pill, IUD’s, and other methods) can cause:
- Irritability or Mood Swings.
- Nausea – Upset Stomach
- Breakthrough Bleeding – this is sometimes caused because the lining of the uterus gets so thin.
- Decreased Desire for Sex
- Spots on Your Face
For more information, click on: Health.
Serious Health Risks:
Some women are serious risk of health problems related to birth control chemicals. They include:
- Blood clots: All chemically-based birth control methods pose this risk. Depending on the woman, and the quantity of chemical, the risk may be higher or lower. A blood clot that travels to the heart may cause a heart attack. A blood clot that travels to the brain may cause a stroke. Both can be fatal.
- Cancer: The National Cancer Institute reports: 1) A number of studies suggest that current use of oral contraceptives (birth control pills) appears to slightly increase the risk of breast cancer, especially among younger women. 2) Long-term use of oral contraceptives (5 or more years) is associated with an increased risk of cervical cancer. For more information, click on Cancer.
- Unintended abortion: One of the mechanisms by which all birth control pills are designed to work is to prevent implantation of a fertilized egg. They do this by changing the lining of the uterus, making it thinner and more slippery.
Of course, birth control pills also have no effect on preventing infection from an STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease.)